Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ava is 1 Month!

Ava turned a month old yesterday! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. Seems like yesterday we were headed into the hospital. I am going to try and post a picture of Ava each month and a little video clip to go with it so we can look back and see how much she has changed. (the video clip for this month is not too exciting but cute none the less). In the video pretty much all I caught was her being bright eyed and a cute little sneeze. Had some trouble uploading my video clip, I will try and post it later!

For the first couple weeks, everyone commented about how calm she was....well, she is much feistier now and will make sure she lets you know she is not satisfied! She is really good at sticking out that pouty lower lip already. I was hoping for a "go with the flow" child this time. But, I guess I am destined for stubborn, strong willed children! She wakes up once, (well twice actually because I don't consider 6:00 morning yet) so I can't complain in that department although getting her to actually GO to sleep in an accomplishment in itself. She prefers, or should I say, demands you to STAND and bounce her to sleep.I think I am going to invest in some quality literature about getting children to go to sleep. It took me 3 years to get Kale to go to bed by himself without a struggle!

Kale has been so sweet with Ava and makes sure he gives her a hug (which can sometimes be a little too aggressive) and a kiss on the cheek before he goes to school. And sometimes he just runs over to her and says "aww, tiny Ava." Sunday morning while I was attempting to get showered and dressed, Ava started to fuss around. I went over to her and Kale quickly ran over and said, "Mom, go take a break. I'll take care of her." I thought it was very cute but was concerned about what his interpretation of "taking care" was..so I didn't take my break. :)

And of course, here is a picture of Kale....

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

She's adorable! It's weird for me to see that name anywhere other than where I type it!
Do you have the Better Homes and Gardens The New Baby Book? I read that thing like it was the Bible when I had my Ava. It's be best book ever! Another tip I have is to play some music in the room when you are putting her to bed. Ava has had Little Einsteins Classic Lullaby playing since she was born and has always slept well. You might have missed the boat with Kale on that one... but you can sure attempt it with Ava. I just put it on repeat and it plays all night so if/when she wakes up it soothes her back to sleep. And... a little "You are my sunshine" was always my backup.

Here's the link for the book on Amazon's website. Definitely wortht he investment! I still dig it out sometimes!!

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Homes-Gardens-Baby-Book/dp/0553580655/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269381911&sr=8-1

<3 Lindsey

Brook said...

Thanks Lindsey!
I ordered that book! and another sleep one that someone suggested! I was telling Joe that the only Ava I know is yours before we decided on the name. It was the ONLY name on our list. Girls names were hard for us!

Lindsey said...

Girl names were hard for me too. I had a couple.. Ava and Avery. I think those were the only two I had picked out. I had a whole list of boy names though.