Thursday, April 15, 2010

Issues...

We've got skin issues around here! Friday, after a evening of playing outside in the gorgeous weather, Kale's face proceeded to get very red... by bedtime swollen. After taking him to the doctor Saturday morning we learned the poor kid had staff infection on his face. Probably from scratching a bug bite... ugh!
THEN.. our second trip to the dr. this week was for Ava. She woke up looking very...well... terrible. She was red from head to toe except for her cheeks which looked very very pale. She was one big hive. The doctor thinks it was a virus she was reacting to but I am supposed to start logging my diet to see if there is a correlation between something I ate and her flare ups. I would post a picture but... no, I only post cute ones :).

This week highlights:

Ava is smiling! It is easiest to get her to do it right when she wakes up from a good nap. I tried to get a good pic and this was the best I could do...


Kale helped dad washed the cop car and was quite proud of himself as you can see.




Kale has also been loving being outside watching all the construction that is going on in our neighborhood. There are building over 6 houses, including one right across the street. They must think the housing market is going to come back in full swing or something. I want to tell ask them to hold off on the pounding until at least 7:30 but apparently work begins at sunrise..grrr. Don't they know if children are sleeping they should be too! It is all Kale can do not to run over and sit on all the equipment they have out just calling his name. This morning he wanted to go drive the skid loader. I told him when he gets bigger. His response, "I'll go get Daddy, he's already bigger." Then I said, "Those skid loaders are only for the workers." "Why?" he asked about a thousand time to any response I gave him. Next, thing I knew he had on his rubber boots and said, "There, now I am a worker. Let's go tell them I can drive."

He also has some addition plans. Kale thinks we need to make another garage(which, I think Joe would agree). This one is specifically for a skid loader which he thinks, "will be nice to have in the winter and for helping the workers keep the dirt off the road." I am sure he will start the building this afternoon!

We got Ava what is called the "Nap Nanny" it is supposed to work miracles on helping your child sleep. So far no miracles but she does seem to like to sleep in it. Lately, she had been going to bed around 7:30 and then sleeping until 2:00. and then 3 hour intervals after that. Not too bad, I can't complain.


We don't always get baths in before Joe leaves for work at 7:00. This is how I attempted to accomplish both baths at once one night. It was actually pretty successful! :)

No comments: