Monday, April 26, 2010

Ava is 2 Months!



Time has flown by and Ava is 2 months already...which means I will be returning to work next week.. Luckily only for a short bit before summer vacation.

Ava is now 12 pounds 4 oz. which is the 84 percentile and 25 inches which is the 99th percentile. She got some vaccinations today and was less than thrilled about that but other than that is happy :)! She smiles some, is really checking out her environment, lets out some loud babbling occasionally and is getting stronger by the day.

I took the kids by myself on an ambitious 4 hour road trip to Sioux Falls to see Shannon and the fam. The drive went smoothly both ways with one stop for a feeding and a diaper. On the way there, I wanted to go as far as i could while Ava was asleep. It was about time for her to be hungry but since she was still asleep I kept driving. Well, note to self, there is NO WHERE to stop after Missouri Valley besides a "parking only" rest stop. Sure enough, while we were there, Kale announced he had to use the restroom. I thought, "good thing your a boy" but no - it was more of an emergency than that! So the people driving by got quite the show! Kale was quite proud of this accomplishment!

We had not been to Sioux Falls since Jake was born so it was a much needed visit. The boys had fun wrestling and causing trouble. Turns out they are quite the pair.
Here is Sheldon giving a Harley tutorial to the boys.


Our stay was shortened when Kale's scratchy throat turned into a full out barking cough. He said, "why am I coughing? I wasn't coughing a couple yesterdays ago!" And one night when he was attempting to sleep he sat up and said, "this side of my nose is stuffy and this side is not, that's odd."
Turns out that barking cough is pneumonia. We have had quite the spat of issues here and I hope it is over now and Ava doesn't end up with something. we have been going through lots of Clorox and hand sanitizer.

Next week I am headed back to school and there starts the rotation of visitors to watch Ava until the end of the school year. I can't believe how little I can check off the to do list that I had for my 10 weeks off..in fact the list keeps getting longer!

No comments: